Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Red Seas Under Red Skies, by Scott Lynch

"Surely you boys can do simple sums. One plus one equals don't fuck with me."
~Jean Tannen, pg. 41

"But your vault doors are guarded by gears, and gears are shaped by men. What one man locks another will sooner or later unlock."
"I say again, impossible."
"And I correct you again. Difficult. 'Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common."
~Locke Lamora and Requin, pg. 69

"Know something? I'd lay even odds that between the people following us and the people hunting us, we've become this city's principle means of employment. Tal Verrar's entire economy is now based on fucking with us."
~Jean Tanne, pg. 205

"I am hard pressed on my right; my center is giving way; situation excellent. I am attacking."
~General Ferdinand Foch, pg. 465

"Only one way to win when you're being chased by someone bigger and tougher than you. Turn straight around, punch their teeth out, and hope the gods are fond of you."
~Captain Drakasha, pg. 494

No comments:

Post a Comment